Science Gate Publishing (SGP) having signed Budapest Open Access Initiative 2001 – BOAI publishes all journals and books under the open access model, according to which “open access" means:
- free availability of peer-reviewed literature without subscription or price barriers
- permission for any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link the full text of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other financial, legal or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself (Budapest Open Access Initiative 2001 – BOAI)
- authors retain the copyright of their article but published material can be re-used without obtaining permission, as long as a correct citation to the original publication is given
- publication fees in open access journals and books are usually covered by the authors’ institutions or research funding agencies, by paying a low one-time Article Processing Charge (APC) for accepted articles
- research articles are worldwide immediately published in open access format (no embargo period)
- all published material is licensed to the public under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright and Licence Agreement
The authors or the corresponding author of each accepted manuscript should complete, sign and submit to SGP the Copyright and Licence Agreement in order the manuscript to be published.